Wednesday, February 16, 2011

ATC's Less is more

How do you know when 'Less is More' I entered a challenge on CA Crafters Anonymous to swap ATC's. I made 10 and so I thought I would take pictures at each stage so if I wanted to replicate them again I would be able to see what I had done. Also, sometimes I find, I think the last stage I added should not have been added and I would have been happier without it. This has been a great exercise as although I will not replicate this again exactly I will colour this stamp again. The stamp I used was the flower from StampinUp "Happiness Shared" and is a beautful stamp and sentiment I recently purchased. If you like this stamp set I am a SU demonstrator and you can check out my StampinUp blog Oh So Many Crafts with this link. I am always happy to take orders or do workshops for those in the Tauranga area.


The ATC's finished including the glitter. You can also see the chalked background on the one on the right more as there is a shadow on the card.


I started with yellow on the rose thinking to highlight the lighter areas then green on the leaves.

I added a darker green to the veins on the leaves and really liked this look.

I added the pink and then the darker pink in the shadows


then I added regal rose. it was a bit darker than I had thought and I wondered about this step



But I went to sleep on it and decided that I should ink the background but decided to chalk the background with a very pale blue chalk. this makes a huge difference when you see them.
Then I added the glitter and that was the pic I started with.
Thanks for looking, give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment