Sunday, July 17, 2016

Intricate Cuts from the Cricut Explore Air

As we all know if you want an intricate design then do it in vinyl but I wanted a 3d birdcage! Cricut has recently added a cartridge called vintage Wedding and it has 3 birdcages. I needed one quite small and intricate so I chose the circular one ‪#‎MC8A4E8‬. I did not realize at the first time of cutting the tiny squares that cut on the top layer. I have measured these squares and they measure 0.03 of an inch. If you are writing with cricut pens you will notice they have a .03 pen in their fine pens. When I took the parts off the mat I was amazed at how small these little squares were. Ashish Arora has asked us to show some of the intricate cuts we have done. I used 'Close to my Heart'plain card stock to cut this birdcage and had my explore air set on card stock NO not even 'intricate cut'. The blade I am using is the same blade my Explore air came with and the first time I used this machine -September 2nd 2015. I cut almost daily on this machine so it has had lots of use. Check out these pictures I have taken. The cage stands 6 inches high.








free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment